Inspiring Christian Speaker
Joanne engages large groups of women as if she’s speaking to them one-on-one. Articulate and energetic, Joanne speaks with passion and purpose. She is a wise advisor for Christian women who want to dive deeper in their relationship with God. Join an upcoming speaking event to hear Joanne’s encouragement for women and the church today. Ellison is an engaging speaker, writer and Bible teacher. Her speaking style includes both vulnerability and humor and is rooted in her passion for the Bible. She is a mother of three, grandmother of 11, great-grandmother of one and has been married for 46 years to Dr. Blount Ellison. Making her home in the Charleston area for most of her life, Ellison is a graduate of the College of Charleston and an active member of Saint Andrew’s Church, Mount Pleasant, SC.
“Joanne Ellison has a remarkable ability to transform a Biblical passage or story into a tangible, real world lesson that provides inspiration for our daily lives. Her ability to connect with so many is a powerful testament to the strength in her faith and the depth of her Biblical understanding.” Jenny Sanford, Former First Lady of South Carolina
“Joanne Ellison is an excellent communicator, and her studies take you into a wonderfully clear knowledge of who God really is, and what He is like. I have no doubt you will indeed draw near to Him, and even more important, you will discover how glad He is to draw near to you.” Bruce Collins, Former Director, New Wine International
“Through the teaching ministry of Joanne Ellison, the Founder of Drawing Near to God Ministries, participants have the opportunity to engage the timeless treasure of Scripture. Joanne has the rare ability to bring to life, through exposition and practical application, God’s Word to His people. Each session of Drawing Near is an opportunity for men and women to stand face-to-face with their Creator as they engage in worship, teaching and small group discussions. After many years of hosting and participation in DNG I now have literally hundreds of my church members whose faith has been deepened.” The Reverend Steve Wood, Rector, St. Andrew’s Church, Mount Pleasant, SC
“I have had the privilege of sharing the platform with Joanne Ellison, and always have been inspired and impressed with the way she skillfully presents the Word of God. Her teachings are totally Biblical and practical while pointing the way to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. As you hear Joanne speak, you will know she has knowledge, a heart for God, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. If you hear her once, you will surely want to hear her again and again.” Ketty Palau Green, California
- April 13, 2019 – Old Saint Andrew’s Church, Charleston, SC
- April 26-27, 2019 – Drawing Near Conference presented by Drawing Near to God, Seacoast Church, Mt. Pleasant
- February 10, 2019 – St. Andrews Church at Mt. Pleasant Academy, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- February 6, 2019 – St. Andrews Church, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- January 26-27, 2019 – Women’s Retreat, Pawley’s Island, SC
- October 2 – 3, 2018 – Daughters of the King Province IV Conference, Kanuga, NC
- September 16, 2018 – First Baptist Church of James Island, Women’s Day, Charleston, SC
- July 22, 2018 – St. Andrew’s Church Services at Mt. Pleasant Academy, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- May 9, 2018 – Mother/Daughter Banquet, First Presbyterian Church, Moncks Corner, SC
- April 27 – 29, 2018 – Rock Presbyterian Church Women’s Retreat, Montreat, NC
- April 13 – 14, 2018 – Drawing Near to God Conference, Charleston, SC
- March 18, 2018 – St. Andrew’s Church, Mt. Pleasant, SC (9:00 am and 10:45 am services, Ministry Center)
- March 17, 2018 – Christ Community Church, Sumter, SC
- March 4-8, 2018 – Legacy Leaders Conference, Colorado Springs, CO
- October 14, 2017 – Church of Our Savior, Johns Island, SC
- September 22-24, 2017 – Pawley’s Island, SC
- July 12, 2017 – St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church Luncheon, Charleston, SC
- March 6, 2017 -Fun & Frolic Conference, Washington DC
- September 17, 2016 – First Baptist Church of James Island Women’s Retreat, James Island, SC
- August 27, 2016 – New Wine Conference, St. Andrew’s Church, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- June 23, 2016 – ACNA Bishop’s Wives Meeting, Mt. Pleasant, SC
- April 12-15, 2016 – National Women’s Conference
- April 8 – 9, 2016 – God is Real Conference , Charleston, SC
- February 11-12, 2016 Sumter, SC
- February 2016 – Make Your Day Count TV Show
- February 6, 2016 – Greek Orthodox Retreat, Charleston, S
Joanne’s Speaking Topics
In her messages about the familiar story in Luke: 10, Joanne offers tips to help busy women find new freedom and make the Lord the number one priority.
By examining the Old Testament story of Nehemiah, Joanne takes audiences on a journey to understanding how they can hear God’s call on their lives. Nehemiah not only heard God’s call to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, he took action.
In this message, Joanne teaches women how to prioritize their lives so that they may hear from God.
This talk, based on the Names of God, teaches how understanding His infinite roles enable us to worship Him in new ways.
An overview of Paul’s letter to the church in Rome, this talk gives an introduction to God’s grace and begins building a foundation in Christian doctrine.
In this talk, Joanne helps women understand the victory of the cross that enables Christ’s power and authority in one’s life.
Joanne reveals how the Holy Spirit works and ways we should depend on its transformation.
Emphasizing the works of leaders such as Deborah, Esther, Rahab and Mary, Joanne teaches women how to dare to believe that God has called them both to follow and lead.
God has chosen to live His life through people by the power of His Holy Spirit and through conscious surrender. In this message Joanne reveals how to live a surrendered life.
God’s love transforms believers and leads to freedom and authentic and powerful lives. In this lesson, Joanne teaches how to encounter this life-changing love.
We all encourage obstacles that keep us overwhelmed with life and unable to fully enter into freedom in Christ – things that steal our hope and wear us down. In this talk, Joanne encourages women to “unpack their backpacks,” releasing these obstacles, and live into the way God has intended for us – stress-free, uncomplicated, and simply filled with His Presence.
Invite Joanne to Speak
In this talk, Joanne encourages women to “come out of hiding” and transforming to the world’s standards and be transformed by God’s Word. This transformation occurs through building healthy relationships with others and with God.