Being A Kingdom of God Woman
Today in our study of Ephesians, we looked at Ephesians 5:21-33. This text often gets people talking because it deals with submission, particularly in the realm of marriage. As you know, I often share my notes from my teachings here on the blog. So first, let’s dive a little into marriage as the text lays it out for us…
Marriage is a Covenant
- When the marriage covenant is being threatened to become obsolete (today’s culture) we lose the essence, the strength of this new society in Christ
- Christ is the head of the church, and the church is His bride
- The husband is the head of the wife for the self-sacrificing purpose of her coming into the fullness of glory intended- bringing her into her full identity and destiny
- The husband must love his wife as himself—to be selfless laying down his life for her
- The wife, in turn, is to respect his role
So that leads us to a question… what is the proper use of authority in the kingdom of God?
- God is a God of order and all authority is designated by Him.
- Never implies blind obedience. Never submit to unbiblical values or tyranny.
- Authority is never to be used selfishly but selflessly
Now I want to switch gears a little bit and see what this means for us women, married or not. You see, this text applies to all of us no matter our life stage. I want to look at what I call, the “Kingdom of God’s Women’s liberation movement.” This movement encourages women to do the following:
- To empower women to live fully in their identity and destiny in Christ
- To embrace the beauty of womanhood and its unique role
- To secure peace in hearts and homes satisfied and content under the care of the Great Shepherd
I hope this encourages you today, especially as you look at this text. I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!