And to the Ends of the Earth
“Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of these My brethren, you did it to Me.”
Drawing Near to God supports many local, national and global ministries. The missions supported are Christian-based and impact people of all ages, races and needs, from single mothers to students in underdeveloped countries.
Christian-based ministries that Drawing Near to God is currently supporting:
- Hatua Trust in Africa – a women’s ministry led by Linda Ocalo
- HIS Radio
- Next Steps Ministry – a ministry helping people come out of poverty
- East Cooper Faith Network- a children’s program at the Miriam Brown Community Center
- Lamb Institute in Honduras- helping hundreds of children with housing and education, small business start-ups, and safe houses for sex trafficking victims.
- One Less Ministry
- Lowcountry Pregnancy Center
Other organizations and causes that Drawing Near to God has supported in the past include:
Local: Pink Bus Ministry Easter & Christmas Parties; Providing Coats to Hot Dog Ministries; Providing Cleaning Supplies, Mentoring and Devotionals to SC Strong Men’s Prison Ministry; Supporting Local Organizations through Yard Sale Donations (Lowcountry Orphan Relief, The Kidney Foundation, Florence Crittenden); Donating Needed Items to Crisis Ministries/One80 Place; Supporting Seafarer Ministries; Supporting East Cooper Outreach; Tiny House Project; Thursday morning childcare; Biblical Counsel Center.
National: Cameron Correctional Facility
International: Financial support for St. Mary Magdalene School for the Deaf and the Mother’s Union in Kenya; Bibles sent to Honduras; Sending a participant on a mission trip to South Africa; Supporting Mission Work in Mexico; Sending Red Glass from Yard Sale to Tanzania; Funds for Ebola relief in Liberia
The camp’s goal is to minimize the “summer learning loss” when little minds are left idle. I-Beam camp is limited to 25 children ages 5-13 from the Greenhill, Remley’s Point and Miriam Brown Community Centers.
- Leading small groups of no more than 4 children
- Reading to the children and other activities
- Serving lunch
- Session 1: June 6 ,7 ,8. 13, 14, 15
- Session 2: June 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29
- Time- 1:00 – 3:45pm
- Miriam Brown Community Center, 118 Royall Ave, Mt. Pleasant, SC
To get involved, please email email@example.com and we will connect you with the volunteer leader.
Stay tuned for information about upcoming missions events!